Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Chicago Sites

I have spent the last two days in Chicago experiencing the city. Here are a few shots of sites that I have seen so far.
Fourth Presbyterian Church

Fourth Presbyterian Chancel
Fourth Presbyterian Aeolian-Skinner Organ

Holy Name Cathedral (Catholic)
Holy Name Cathedral - Flentrop Organ
On Sunday night I got to hear Wolfgang Rubsam in recital at Holy Name Cathedral playing an organ recital. It showed this North German-inspired organ to it's full potential. I have heard about this organ by the Dutch firm "Flentrop" since it went in and it was a joy to get to experience it. In Atlanta there is a Flentrop at St. Anne's Episcopal-Buckhead. I had organ lessons on it in high school.


Here are a couple of the sites on the walk to the recital.
John Hancock Tower
Water Tower that survived the Chicago fire

Today (Tuesday) I am taking the "L" out to Oak Park to see Frank Lloyd Wright sites. Look for the pics tomorrow!

On Wednesday I will take a tour of the Peterson Electro-Musical Products, Inc. factory. They are being considered for the computer components for Opus 408D. In the evening I will take a boat tour on the Chicago River and Lake Michigan to see the city and the fireworks. We'll see how the iPhone does taking pictures at night!

1 comment:

  1. Randy, it's been great reading about your adventures, thus far! Thanks for the research and all the wonderful photos and commentary. Safe travels and keep on posting! This is GREAT stuff!

    ReplyDelete